Code of Conduct
Code of conduct for Students
1. Plan to arrive to class on time and to stay for the entire class period (or until dismissed) because random arrivals and exits are disrespectful and distracting.
2. Every student must obtain on admission, the Identity Card which must have his/her photograph attested and wear the identity card on person whenever he/she is on the institute premises, and present it for inspection on demand.
3. Ragging is banned on the institute campus. Anyone found guilty of ragging and /or abetting ragging is liable to be punished as per the directive of the UGC and Govt. Any incident of ragging will be dealt with seriously. The culprits will be dismissed from the institute and a case will be filed with the local police authorities.
4. The institute prohibits political activities on the campus and forbids students from conducting and attending political meetings within the institute campus.
5. Students shall compulsorily wear the prescribed institute uniform on all working days except Wednesdays. Uniform symbolizes unity and uniformity, not diversity. It also indicates equality and a sense of belonging to the institution. Uniform provides a special identity. Hence it is a source of pride and responsibility, not liability. Parents are to see that the uniform and hairstyle of their wards are in tune with modesty and dignity.
6. Strict silence must be observed in Redding room and Library.
7. Students are expected to spend their free time in the library. They should not loiter along the corridor or crowd along the passage.
8. If the academic performance of the student is not satisfactory, the student is likely to be detained and will not be allowed to appear for the examinations conducted by the institute on behalf of the University.
9. Students must not wait on the Institute premises while the classes are going on.
10. Talking and other disruptive behaviors are not permitted while classes are in session.
11. Students must not attend classes other than their own, without the permission of the parent teacher or HOD.
12. Food and beverages are not permitted in computer labs or classrooms. Those must be consumed in designated areas only.
13. Smoking and consumption of alcohol on the Institute premises or entering the institute premises, after consuming alcoholic drinks is strictly prohibited.
14. When the students meet a member of the staff within the campus or outside, they will greet him/ her as a mark of respect.
15. Students should address faculty as "Professor" or "Dr." Calling faculty by their first names is not appropriate.
16. Students shall do nothing either inside or outside the Institute that will in any way interfere with its orderly conduct and discipline.
17. Be polite and respectful towards others, instructor and other students.
18. If the teacher is absent, the class leader should inform the Head of the Department alternative arrangements.
19. No Society or Association shall be formed in the Institute and no person will be invited to address a meeting without the HOD’s or Director. Prior permission.
20. No student shall collect any money or contribution for picnic, trip, Educational visit to some place, get-together, study-notes, charity or any other activity without prior sanction of the HOD or Director.
21. No student will be allowed to take active part in current politics.
22. Prior permission from the Director is essential to take part in inter – collegiate competitions.
23. No student shall communicate any information or write about matters dealing with the Institute administration to the Press.
24. Students are expected to take proper care of institute property and help the institute authorities in keeping the premises clean. Damaging institute property e.g. disfiguring walls, doors, fittings or breaking furniture, misuse of fittings, or breaking furniture, misuse of A.C. etc., is breach of discipline, and the guilty will be duly punished.
25. Students should not leave their books, valuables and other belongings in the classroom.
26. The Institute is not responsible for lost property. However, Student may make a claim for lost property at the office, if it is deposited in the Institute Office.
27. Students applying for certificates, testimonials, etc. which requires the Director’s signature on any kind of document or application should first contact the Institute office. Students should not bring any paper directly to the Director l for his/her signature,
28. Insubordination and unbecoming language or misconduct on the part of a student is sufficient reasons for his/her suspension or dismissal.
29. Students receiving Government or Institute Scholarships or any remission in fees, must note that the grant and continuance thereof are subject to good behavior, regular attendance and satisfactory progress and good results at the Institute and University Examinations.
30. All Institute activities are organized under the guidance and supervision of the Director and Professor In-Charge.
31. Students must not associate themselves with any activity not authorized by the Institute Director. Serious action will be taken of students found organizing or participating in such unauthorized activities.
32. Students using unfair means at examinations will not be readmitted to the Institute. Actions will be initiated against such students as per the norms and procedure prescribed by the University.
33. Every student has to participate in at least two of the co-curricular activities offered in the institute.
34. It is the responsibility of the students to read the notice boards regularly for important announcements made by the Institute office from time to time. They will not be excused or given any concession on grounds of ignorance or not reading notices.
35. Disciplinary action will be taken against students found carrying and/or using cell phones, pagers walkmans, Discmans, iPods etc. on the institute premises.
36. Matters not covered by the existing rules will rest at the absolute discretion of the Director.
37. Limited parking space is provided for students and staff and the same can be utilized on ‘first come first’ basis. The Institute management is not responsible for the safety (including damage and/or theft /loss of vehicles) of vehicles in the premises. Students and staff may utilize the limited parking space at their own risk. Students must ride/drive their vehicles into & at the campus at a moderate speed only; speeding will be looked upon as an act of indiscipline and can attract adverse consequences.
38. Students will be allowed to bring their vehicles only up to the designated parking area. Entry beyond that point is strictly prohibited
39. Bike race / motor car race / elephant procession or similar activities shall not be permitted inside the campus.
40. No type of vehicles shall be used during celebrations inside the institute campus.
41. Students joining the Institute are bound by the rules and regulations of the Institute.
42. The Director is the ultimate disciplinary authority in the institute.
Code of conduct for Teachers, official & support staff
1. Every teacher shall, at all times, maintain integrity, be devoted to duty and also be honest and impartial in his / her official dealings. A teacher shall, at all times, be well-mannered in his / her dealings with the management, with other members of staff, students and with members of the public.
2. Unless otherwise stated specifically in the terms of appointment, every teacher is a whole-time teacher of the Institute and may be called upon to perform such duties as may be assigned to him / her by the competent authority beyond the scheduled working hours and on holidays and Sundays.
3. A teacher shall be required to maintain the scheduled hours of work during which he / she must be present at the place of his / her duty. No teacher shall be absent from duty without prior permission. Even during leave or vacation, with the prior permission of the competent authority, whenever leaving the station, an teacher should inform the Director in writing, through the concerned Head of the Department, or the Director directly, if the teacher happens to be Head of the Department, giving the contact details at which he / she will be available during the period of his / her absence from the station.
4. No teacher shall take part in politics, or be associated with any political party or organization which takes part in political activity, nor shall subscribe, aid or assist in any manner any political movement or activity.
5. No teacher shall make any statement, publish or write through any media which has effect of an adverse criticism of any policy or action of the Institute.
6. No teacher, except with the prior permission of the competent authority, engage, directly, or indirectly in any trade or business or any private tuition, or undertake any employment outside his official assignments.
7. A teacher, against whom insolvency proceedings commenced in a court of law, shall forthwith report full facts thereof to the Institute.
8. A teacher, against whom criminal proceedings are initiated in a court of law, shall immediately inform the competent authority of the Institute regarding the details thereof.
9. No teacher shall, except with the prior sanction of the competent authority, have recourse to any court of law or to the press / media for / against any official act of the Institute.
10. No teacher, who has a living spouse, shall contract another marriage without first obtaining the permission of the Governing Body, even if a subsequent marriage is permissible under the personal and religious law for the time being applicable to him / her. Violation of this rule will lead to removal from the service of the institution.
11. Whenever any teacher wishes to put forth any claim or seeks redressal of any grievance, he / she must forward his / her case through the proper channel to the competent authority only and shall not send copies of any such applications as advance copy to the higher authorities unless the competent authority has rejected the claim or refused relief or the matter is delayed beyond a reasonable time.
12. Every teacher shall be governed by these rules and shall be liable for consequences in the event of any breach of the rules by him / her.
13. An teacher who commits any offence or dereliction of duty, or does an act detrimental to the interests of the Institute, is subject to an enquiry and punishment by the competent authority. Any teacher who is aggrieved with the decision of the competent authority may appeal against such punishment or decision, within 15 days of the receipt of the orders of the decision, to the Governing Body and the decision of the Governing Body thereon is final.
14. No teacher shall engage in strike or incitement thereto or in similar activities such as absence from work, or neglect of duties, or participate in hunger strike etc. Violation of this rule will amount to misconduct and will attract deterrent punishment.
15. All the teachers shall handover their original certificates like SSC, Intermediate, Diploma, MCA, MBA, MBM, M. Sc, PhD etc. to the Director at the time of joining duty.
16. The institute gives utmost priority for discipline and every staff, is bound to follow the rules and regulations of the institute and maintain strict discipline.
17. Internal assessment is part of the evaluation. Please check the marks displayed on the notice board.
18. The institute takes note of serious misbehavior, insubordination, habitual tardiness, irregular work habits or obscenity which is punishable by fine, suspension or dismissal. The Institute is declared an alcohol-smoke-drug-free area and offenders face dismissal.
19. Be on time for your lectures and practical. Be punctual.
20. Respect the organization goals and help to achieve them.
21. Staff members shall follow the directions and instructions properly given Director and HOD’s.
22. Lunch break only one hour.
23. Establish a politeness policy for basic manners.
24. Teach students the importance of thinking of others; write thank-you notes.
25. Respect your fellow workers.
26. Keep your cell phones in the silent mode to avoid disturbing others sitting around you.
27. Learn to own your mistakes
28. Do not ask for personal favors from your subordinates. Too much of friendship at the workplace is bad.
29. Proper etiquette requires that you make others comfortable and protect their feelings. You do not point out their errors or draw attention to their mistakes.
30. In any working situation, you are perceived as more capable, more professional, and more intelligent if you are familiar with the proper code of conduct for the workplace.