Profile of Institution
About the trust:
The R. C. Patel Educational Trust, is imparting quality education for last 38 years to rural and tribal students. It has short but hoary past that challenges the pattern of education in present and future. The R.C. Patel Educational Trust ( RCPET) along with sister institution, The Shirpur Education Society (SES) runs various renowned institutes such as an Engineering College, Two Pharmacy Colleges, An Arts Commerce and Science college, A Women’s College of Arts, A College of Polytechnic, A Junior College of Education (D.Ed. ) and a College of Education ( B.Ed.). RCPET & SES also runs 17 Pre-Primary Schools, 15 Primary Schools, 17 High schools, 07 Ashram schools, 08 Higher secondary schools ,02 Girls hostels and 01 Boys hostel.
About the institute:
R. C. Patel Educational Trust’s Institute of Management Research and Development (IMRD), Shirpur has established in the year 1997. Though comparatively new and young institute it developed fast under the visionary leadership of Hon. Amrishbhai R. Patel, the former cabinet minister for school education, sports and youth welfare Maharashtra State. It is a self–financing institution, affiliated to Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharshtra University, Jalgaon (A-Grade NAAC accredited).MCA and MCA(Integrated) programs are approved by AICTE, New Delhi. IMRD is located in Shirpur, a town run by a municipal council in Dhule district of Maharashtra state, which is situated at the foot of the Satpura ranges and dotted with lush green trees and shrubs all around. The institute has earned repute as a centre for quality education for its prime infrastructure equipped with modern facilities and conductive environment. An academically competent and committed faculty is the backbone of Institute. Our Alumni hold significant position in their profession in India and abroad. IMRD offer Post Graduate program : MCA, MCA ( Integrated ) and MMS at Undergraduate program BCA, BBA and BMS, along with part time diploma courses DCM, DBM, Certificate courses CCBO, CCBM and CCED.
The vision of the institute is to provide quality higher education to the students of rural and tribal area, aspiring to develop a global perspective in Information Technology and Management Education.
- To remain outstanding provider of high quality management and IT education to create proactive and excellent professionals.
- To impart quality education to students and mould them into responsible persons by raising their level of education and social status.
- To provide value based education and igniting young minds to bring out the best in them.
- To make the students competent in global scenario and become self-reliant.
- Visionary, pro-active and professional management.
- Enviable Position among management institutes in North Maharashtra region.
- Well equipped infrastructure facilities.
- Young, Competent and Committed faculty.
- Institute is located in a beautiful lush green landscaped and pollution free campus.
- Enthusiastic support of management for extra curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Lack of large scale industries in the region.
- Limited Industry-Institution Interaction due to location…
- Lack of confidence among rural and tribal students due to undeveloped soft skills at the entry level.
- Students changing approach towards post graduation admission.
- Being a part of a big educational hub, access to various central facilities.
- Enhanced support from Alumni in institutional development and placement opportunities.
- Collaboration with industry, R&D organizations and educational institutes of eminence.
- Institute’s improvement through well reputed assessment bodies like NAAC, NBA etc.
- Honing the skills and abilities of the students coming from rural and tribal area.
- Networking and strengthening relationship with stakeholders.
- Increasing expenses for providing quality education.
- Attracting meritorious students.
- Recruiting and retaining highly qualified and experienced faculty.